ENTERMYWORLD: Enter my World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kelly and Jon (Season 4) is SUING the makers of Pediegg

2 posters

Go down

Kelly and Jon (Season 4) is SUING the makers of Pediegg Empty Kelly and Jon (Season 4) is SUING the makers of Pediegg

Post by JonL0ver Fri 04 Jul 2008, 1:36 am

From this SITE.

My Most Favorite Lawsuit Ever
by Cristina Kinon

OK, Kelly and Jon (Season 4) is SUING the makers of Pediegg Pegg_feetso I am the biggest fan of the infomercial callous-softening miracle creation PedEgg. I got the $9.99 contraption at the local Bed, Bath & Beyond a few weeks ago and have used it just a few times and already my nasty, beach-hardened and cracked heels have gone from sandpaper rough to Cottonelle soft. I swear if I use it two more times you could serve entrees from my big toe.

But my gorgeous feet are not the point. The point is some couple from the 2003 edition of "The Amazing Race" that appear in the commercial for the PedEgg are suing the company because they think they look ridiculous in the spot.

TheSmokingGun.com reports that Florida couple Kelly Parks-Corso and Jonathan Corso say they were "shocked" to discover the "cheap, low quality" PedEgg commercial was airing worldwide without their permission. Apparently, they only negotiated money matters but nothing regarding the commercial's broadcast.

It gets better! The duo are totally embarrassed by their "horror make-up" and allege that a makeup artist added "artificial bumps and discoloration" to Kelly's feet in order to "make a 'before' shot for comparison in a 'before-and-after' scheme."

The couple is also pissed about the fact that the spot plays on a loop in places like B, B & Beyond (dude, its what convinced me to buy the thing--did you see their dry skin??).

Honestly, I don't see what the problem is here. The PedEgg is a miracle worker and these people should feel blessed to be the vessel the foot gods have selected to pass along the message of its righteousness. Amen.

Click HERE to see the commercial! (Kelly is the one with the curly red hair putting on panty hose and her husband is the dude on the couch).

Last edited by JonLover on Fri 04 Jul 2008, 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male
Number of posts : 5506
Job/hobbies : Back packing or travelling
Humor : Tolerable
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Kelly and Jon (Season 4) is SUING the makers of Pediegg Empty Re: Kelly and Jon (Season 4) is SUING the makers of Pediegg

Post by JonL0ver Fri 04 Jul 2008, 1:40 am

Here is a copy of the lawsuit:

Kelly and Jon (Season 4) is SUING the makers of Pediegg 0625083pedegg1Kelly and Jon (Season 4) is SUING the makers of Pediegg Next
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Kelly and Jon (Season 4) is SUING the makers of Pediegg Empty Re: Kelly and Jon (Season 4) is SUING the makers of Pediegg

Post by JonL0ver Fri 04 Jul 2008, 1:45 am

Here is another story about the lawsuit from this SITE

PedEgg Accused Of Gross Injustice:
Model couple sues over appearance in ubiquitous, revolting TV spot

JUNE 25--You're not the only one revolted by that ubiquitous commercial for the PedEgg, the low-rent foot care device hawked nonstop on cable TV. Two Florida foot models featured in the spot allege that they were duped into appearing in the commercials and claim that the PedEgg's manufacturer even applied "horror make-up" to one of their feet prior to shooting "before and after" footage.

Married models Kelly Parks-Corso and Jonathan Corso allege that they were each paid a few hundred dollars for filming last year, but that they never negotiated a separate agreement covering the actual airing of the PedEgg commercials.

In a Florida Circuit Court lawsuit, a copy of which you'll find below, the Corsos allege that they were "shocked" to discover the "cheap, low quality" PedEgg commercial was being broadcast worldwide without their permission.

The couple alleges that the commercial, which can be viewed at right, portrays them in a "negative light" and was supposed to be an "Internet-only infomercial." Instead, the ad "has now run all over the world," the complaint notes, and even can be seen playing on a loop in retail outlets like Bed Bath & Beyond, said Jonathan David, the Corsos's lawyer.

Prior to the July 2007 filming, a makeup artist added "artificial bumps and discoloration" to Kelly's feet in order to "make a 'before' shot for comparison in a 'before-and-after' scheme," the June 23 complaint charges. David told TSG that the makeup artist said that he exclusively did "horror makeup," which might be of concern to truth-in-advertising sticklers.

Kelly Parks-Corso, who has long curly red hair, is seen at the commercial's outset putting on panty hose, and then later in the spot wearing a green skirt. Her husband is seen sitting on a couch. The Corsos each have appeared in a wide range of commercials for firms like Wal-Mart, Royal Caribbean, and Giorgio Armani, said David.

Aditionally, in 2003 they were contestants on CBS's "The Amazing Race," finishing second in the around-the-world reality show.

The Corsos's lawsuit, which does not specify monetary damages, accuses the PedEgg's manufacturer and the commercial's producers of unauthorized use of their names and likenesses, negligence, and fraud.
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan_Ariel Thu 10 Jul 2008, 7:15 pm

i just love reading the article.. thanks again, Jon.. Very Happy
Alan_Ariel
Alan_Ariel
Hall of Famer / VIP Member
Hall of Famer / VIP Member

Male
Number of posts : 15412
Job/hobbies : Chatting here in EnterMyWorld and listening to music
Humor : um.. I don't know..
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down