ENTERMYWORLD: Enter my World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TARA 3 in the Media

+4
farah91
Alan_Ariel
sprity
JonL0ver
8 posters

Go down

TARA 3 in the Media Empty AXN Press Release on TARA 3

Post by JonL0ver Tue 05 Aug 2008, 12:44 pm

The Amazing Race Asia 3 Is The Toughest Race Ever. Teams & Global Partners Gear Up For A Season Bar None!
August 4 2008, Singapore - The Amazing Race Asia 3 is coming, this time expect the action to be taken a notch higher as this is the toughest race ever!

Asia has been eagerly anticipating the return of The Amazing Race Asia on AXN since the thrilling second season that brought viewers many exciting moments. It was also the program to tune-in to for close to 19 million viewers across Asia. So gear up for an absolutely intense third installment of The Asian edition of the 15-time nominated, five-time Emmy Award winning reality travel competition that debuts exclusively on AXN, 11 September, every Thursday @ 9pm (EA) 10pm (HK).

Expect a whole lot more drama and adrenalin-rushing excitement as The Amazing Race Asia 3 unfolds "The Toughest Race". Mr. Ricky Ow, Senior Vice- President and General Manager of SPE Networks - Asia, the parent network of the AXN channel explains, "It will be the toughest race ever as there will be many challenges the contestants will not expect and be mentally prepared for. The teams will have shorter resting time, the journey will be harder, and the speed of the race will be faster and more intense. This combined with the new cast, you can expect many dramatic moments, tears, twists and turns, and an overall thrilling ride for viewers!"

The Amazing Race Asia 3 has a totally new and exciting cast to look out for. Besides the first Korean team joining the race, season 3 also has the highest number of family relationships in all seasons of The Amazing Race Asia. And unlike their predecessors, many of the contestants are not used to the demands of high adventure. Yet this vibrant and spirited group of contestants is simply brimming with energy and an eagerness to win. They are definitely just as colorful and competitive as the previous season's; and under the toughest race's intense conditions, they will provide many valuable TV moments and a whole lot more drama.

Up for this tough challenge are 10 diverse teams from India, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Korea and the Philippines that guarantee to turn heads, not just because some are the best looking people around. The contestants are: 3 beauty queens counting a former Miss Universe Natalie Glebova and wife to Thailand's highest ranking (and once world #9) tennis player Paradorn Srichaphan; the first-ever Korean team made up by sporty brothers; famous Malaysian faces - Bernie Chan who pairs up with her brother, and actress Ida Nerina (Serpet) with her heiress pal Tania Khan; a comedian who can't help but crack jokes on-and-off screen with his teacher buddy; a beautiful ex air-hostess and cousin from India; and a dramatic father and son team with theatrical antics.

AXN is proving to be the leading original content creator in the region with two successful past seasons of The Amazing Race Asia under its belt. The Amazing Race Asia 3 is also boosted by leading global brands, Caltex, MASkargo, Nokia, Singha Corporation, Sony Electronics Asia Pacific and Standard Chartered Bank.

Mr. Ricky Ow notes, "The Amazing Race Asia is a mega production and we have only been able to create this world world-class production because of the faith of our valuable partners. Many like Sony Electronics Asia Pacific, Caltex, Nokia and Standard Chartered Bank are long-time supporters of Asian franchise, and we are proud to bring in our new partners Singha Corporation and MASkargo to the Race."

Get to know the new contestants of The Amazing Race Asia 3 when the season premieres on AXN this September! For more details about the race, visit the official website http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com, and watch the special Racers Revealed episode to find out more about the teams. Racers Revealed will debut on AXN 4 September, Thursday @ 9pm (SG, MY, PH, TH), 10pm (HK, South Asia), 8pm (JKT).

The Amazing Race Asia 3 debuts exclusively on AXN
11 Sep 2008
Every Thursday @ 9pm (SG, MY, TH, PH) 10pm (HK, South Asia), 8pm (JKT)
Korea: 12 Sep 2008, Every Friday @ 9pm
Taiwan: 15 Sep 2008, Every Monday @ 11pm
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male
Number of posts : 5506
Job/hobbies : Back packing or travelling
Humor : Tolerable
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

TARA 3 in the Media Empty Re: TARA 3 in the Media

Post by sprity Tue 05 Aug 2008, 1:26 pm

Two teams from India...........Yahoo.........
sprity
sprity

Male
Number of posts : 4562
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by sprity Tue 05 Aug 2008, 2:07 pm

Two teams from India...........Yahoo.........
sprity
sprity

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan_Ariel Tue 05 Aug 2008, 3:39 pm

oh, i can't wait.. Very Happy
Alan_Ariel
Alan_Ariel
Hall of Famer / VIP Member

Male
Number of posts : 15412
Job/hobbies : Chatting here in EnterMyWorld and listening to music
Humor : um.. I don't know..
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan_Ariel Tue 05 Aug 2008, 3:43 pm

Ida Nerina is representing Malaysia? thats really unexpected.. Razz
Alan_Ariel
Alan_Ariel

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by farah91 Tue 05 Aug 2008, 4:27 pm

ida nerina??
wow!

hope MALAYSIA win!!!!
go ida nerina!!!
farah91
farah91

Female
Number of posts : 3808
Job/hobbies : dun know..and dun want to know..
Humor : i like u..hahahhaha!
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ahdeng88 Tue 05 Aug 2008, 9:38 pm

wow... i can't wait to watch TARA 3!!

I'm so excited now!
ahdeng88
ahdeng88
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female
Number of posts : 5665
Job/hobbies : Reading, eating, Do Step aerobics, chatting here, & a lot more

Back to top Go down

Post by camomile Tue 05 Aug 2008, 10:30 pm

OMG!!!! affraid

all are mactors!!! Only team Singapore is not mactor.....LOL

Good luck ladies....no matter how far they go.....I still proud of them.....
camomile
camomile

Female
Number of posts : 13555
Job/hobbies : almost everything under the sun....almost
Humor : Whatever!!
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Sun 10 Aug 2008, 10:07 pm

I have updated my blogs and I talked about the 10 teams. If you want to read, go to www.jonlover.blogspot.com
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sprity Mon 11 Aug 2008, 12:52 pm

visit my blog too...

http://spritysprity.blogspot.com....
sprity
sprity

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan_Ariel Sat 16 Aug 2008, 7:59 pm

i really can't wait.. Razz
Alan_Ariel
Alan_Ariel

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Thu 28 Aug 2008, 6:54 am

The two Singapore women taking part in The Amazing Race Asia 3 say they are not super fit or highly competitive

It is clear from the photo shoot what kind of a team Adeline D. Chan and Faeza (Fuzzie) Sirajudin are. Faeza tells the photographer half-jokingly: 'No running and no jumping, you do not want to misrepresent us.'

The two 34-year-olds form the Singapore team in the upcoming third season of The Amazing Race Asia, which premieres on AXN (StarHub Channel 19) on Sept 11. Ten teams will be competing for the top prize of US$100,000 (S$141,000).

The last Singapore team to compete in the successful Asian spin-off of the hit American reality TV show was hearing-impaired Adrian Yap and Collin Low. They went on to win the contest.
So Chan, a freelance writer/director, and Faeza, a partner at Creative Horizons Language Centre, have big shoes to fill.
But the laidback duo, who met in university and have been friends for 15 years, are cool about the pressure.

In fact, Chan says in their application video, they pitched themselves as the most unlikely racers. Unlike Yap and Low who were gym buddies, the two say: 'We do not backpack, we trolley-bag. We are not the rough-it-out type.'

Faeza chimes in: 'If there was an Olympic event for chilling, we would be gold medallists and world-record holders.'

They readily admit they are not the fittest people either. Their attempts to rev up their fitness level before the race was 'too little, too late', says Chan.

To make things more challenging, she says she has certain quirks, though she quips it is 'not as bad as Monk', referring to the detective with obsessive compulsive disorder played by the Emmy award-winning Tony Shalhoub in the hit TV series.

'I do not like dirt that is derived from food, so crumbs really bother me. Mud I can take, but not garbage.'

During the race, she just has to deal with it.

'If we have to wait by the street somewhere, I would just put my bag on top of hers or carry it until I cannot tahan (endure). Faeza is filthy, by the way. She brushes against dustbins,' says Chan.
Faeza's quick rejoinder: 'I have no fear of dirt, I do not know if that makes me filthy.'

Even though they might not be on top of their game physically, she points out: 'Sometimes when you are not so gung-ho and physically fit, you find faster ways of doing things. We might not be hard workers but we are smart workers.'

Chan adds jokingly: 'Laziness is the mother of invention.'
Their race strategy is simply not to get unnecessarily stressed. For example, Faeza says: 'It is a waste of time to try to be the first to grab a cab. I am always amazed how people get so kancheong (anxious) over that.'

Chan points out: 'It is a difference of maybe 10 minutes and the first driver can also be an idiot.'

Although they have watched the race on TV, the duo are still surprised by the physical challenges posed by the contest.
Faeza says: 'When you watch it on TV, you do not realise how long and draining the flights are.'

Chan laments: 'After a long journey, you just want to rest but no, that is when it starts.'

They insist they do not feel the pressure of following in the footsteps of the winning Singapore team.

Faeza says: 'It is not the Olympics and I do not feel we are representing Singapore or we have something to maintain.'
One thing Chan is concerned about though is seeing herself on TV. 'I am not looking forward to showing the world my paper undies
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Thu 28 Aug 2008, 6:57 am

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Asia/Story/A1Story20080824-83932.html
Canadian beauty in Amazing Race Asia
She is not a Thai citizen but But Canadian beauty queen Natalie Glebova will be representing the Land of Smiles as a contestant in the third season of reality show The Amazing Race Asia.
She has applied to be a permanent resident after marrying Paradorn Srichaphan, Thailand's top tennis player and a former world No9, last November.
Over the phone from Bangkok, where she has been living for the past two years, the 26-year-old, who is of Russian descent, told The New Paper it's a 'big honour' and a 'huge deal' to represent her adopted country.
'I won (Miss Universe 2005) in Thailand (where it was held), came here for work and ended up living here and marrying a Thai man.
'The Thais have accepted me as their own and I hope they will be proud of me (on the show).'
Naturally, Paradorn, 27, was her first choice for a teammate. 'But during the application period, he was busy with his tennis training as he's hoping to go back on tour next year,' she explained.
Natalie, whose favourite show is the US version of The Amazing Race, eventually signed up with her good friend and former bridesmaid, 25-year-old Pailin Rungratanasunthorn, Miss Earth Thailand 2006.
The 10 teams in the race recently filmed for a month.
As Natalie was gagged by the show's confidentiality clauses, she said Paradorn discovered her participation only two weeks ago, when it was officially announced.
So how did she keep it from her hubby?
'I travel a lot, hosting and presenting TV shows. It's been like this ever since we started dating, so he thought I was just going for work again.

'He was shocked when he found out (I was on the show). We had a good laugh about it.'
She gushed that married life is 'really good' and Paradorn is a 'great husband who cares for me'.
The couple are planning to start a a family soon.
But being away from her loved ones wasn't easy. At her lowest point, she broke down and cried.
She recalled: 'I couldn't communicate with my family and friends. I couldn't even call my mum on her 50th birthday. And I wanted to be home with my husband.
'I was losing my temper, complaining, wanting to give up, wishing it'd all be over. I was surprised because I'm usually a calm, patient person.'
But the 1.8m-tall brunette is also hoping to smash stereotypes that beauty queens can't 'tough it out'.
'There's a perception that we're prissy and don't like to do scary or sporty stuff. A few challenges also required mental strength, and I'm pretty proud to say we pulled it off better than the guy teams.'
It was tough not to look 'worse and worse' as the race progressed, and to maintain personal hygiene.
'I can deal with being tired, hungry and sleepy, but being dirty for me was the hardest - especially when sometimes it was just impossible to shower.
'Every night I HAVE to wash all my make-up off, floss, brush my teeth. If I don't get to do that, I feel gross about myself,' she said.
The Amazing Race Asia 3 premieres on AXN (StarHub Ch19) on 11 Sep at 9pm. A special preview, Racers Revealed, will air on 4Sep at 9pm.
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 09 Sep 2008, 6:49 pm

The Amazing Race Asia continues
by CHANNEL SURFING By Althea Lauren Ricardo
Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It’s that time of the year again! The Amazing Race Asia is definitely on. An early teaser showed the familiar clue box on top of a sky-high rock formation, host Allan Wu rock successfully climbing up to it, and declaring Season 3 as “the toughest race ever.” To stir up enough excitement for the September 11 premiere on AXN Asia, we’re now being treated to promotional spots powered by a ten-team stream of adrenaline rushes in the form of do-or-die scenarios.
Just like in the past TARA seasons, this year’s teams are made up, expectedly, of a handful of beauty queens and a lot of media personalities. Thailand has two teams this year. This season’s tag-team beauties are Natalie & Pailin, with the latter being Miss Universe 2005 (representing Canada) and the former being her runner-up (representing Thailand). The other Thai team, however, doesn’t do so badly in the looks department either. Best buds Mai & Oliver are both models, although Mai’s making a name for herself in acting too.
India also has two teams competing, both with a touch of showbiz. There’s Neena & Amit. A former flight attendant, Nina’s a model and artist, while her cousin Amit is in real estate. Their relationship is more like brother and sister, so we can expect a fair share of family bickering. And speaking of family bickering, we can also expect some of that from the other Indian team, Niroo & Kapil, who are father and son respectively. Niroo is an actor-slash-director, while Kapil is an actor-slash-human-resources-executive. Kapil admits to having a short fuse, which he intends to keep under control as he races around the world with his always-in-control dad.
Representing Hong Kong are Sam & Vince. A university lecturer, Sam is apparently a genius with words, ranking as one of the top players in the online word game Prolific. Vince, on the other hand, is a primary school teacher turned comedian and host. The two are best friends, and with one of them a funny man, I’m pretty sure we’re in for some laughs.
William & Isaac are brothers from Korea. William is a sports television host, while Isaac is a sports agent who claims to be the biggest fan of The Amazing Race Asia. This is the first time a Korean team is joining, so I’m looking forward to what the brothers are going to bring to the table.
Making up the first half of Team Malaysia are Ida & Tania. Ida, an actress, and Tania, a property developer, are hot and successful power women who are obviously in the prime of their lives. Both are well traveled but neither has backpacked before, so it would be interesting to see how they will manage themselves as they run around the world in the toughest race ever. Also representing Malaysia are brother and sister Henry & Bernie. Older sibling Bernie is a chef, while Bernie is a TV host and actress who hosted Project Runway Malaysia last year.
Running for Singapore are long-time friends A.D. & Fuzzie. A.D. is a freelance writer-slash-director, while Fuzzie is an English teacher. What makes this team interesting is that they’re going to rely more on brain than brawn, being that they’re perhaps the most “un-physically fit” team, not just this season, but ever. In fact, Fuzzie had to lose some weight to prepare for the race. They’re undeniably this year’s underdog team, so they’ve got my second vote.
However, my real vote, as always, goes to Team Philippines, this time made up of sweethearts Geoff & Tisha, who are both media personalities. Geoff Rodriguez, a model, was a one-time actor, while Tisha had her fair share of media buzz when she had to relinquish her Bb. Pilipinas crown in 1998 because of nationality issues, and then, later, when she became the girlfriend of Paolo Bediones. Both are buff as hell, and they seem to have a steady and strong relationship that could help propel them to the finish line.
Let the race—and the wearing of funky nationalistic Pinoy shirts—begin!
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 09 Sep 2008, 9:43 pm

[TARA 3 in the Media NP_IMAGES_SHRACEt
SCREAMING SIBLINGS: Bernie and her brother Henry often yelled at each other during the race. PICTURES: THE STRAITS TIMES, AXN
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by benjbuddy Thu 11 Sep 2008, 12:34 am

tara 3 tv promo, well done, it's really amazing Razz

benjbuddy
Moderator and Graphic Designer

Male
Number of posts : 9440

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan_Ariel Thu 11 Sep 2008, 5:30 pm

stick nice vid
Alan_Ariel
Alan_Ariel

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Sun 14 Sep 2008, 6:00 am

At Large
Over-the-top reality

By Rina Jimenez-David
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 00:18:00 09/14/2008

LINK

MANILA, Philippines—Reality shows rarely appeal to me, for on the whole I find them boring (that’s why we watch TV entertainment shows, after all, to escape from our boring “real” lives). But I make exceptions of shows that are over-the-top in concept and execution, involving high-strung folk engaged in endless intrigue and drama.

An old favorite and perennial Emmy award winner is “Amazing Race,” but lately, especially after its second season, I’ve found that the “Asian” version holds more appeal. Apart from the fact that there are Filipino racers, thereby hiking up the interest factor, I find it refreshing to “see” the world, or at least the destinations where the racers are assigned, through Asian eyes. One of the things which riled me while watching the original US version was watching racers, most of whom come from the United States, encounter the Third World and pass judgment on the people, places, scents and food they were meeting for the first time. It struck me as simply astonishing that in this globalized world, some folk could still be so sheltered and parochial as to be gobsmacked by poverty, squalor, flies, near-naked children and unfamiliar food. Why join The Amazing Race if not to see the world and all its splendors?

With many of its racers themselves coming from the Third World—save maybe for Japanese, Singaporeans and Koreans—The Amazing Race Asia (TARA) shows a more harmonious meeting between the racers and the places they are visiting. There is less “exoticizing” of poverty and less condescension from the racers, though this isn’t always the case.

During the inaugural episode of the third season of TARA, the first challenge was to find a food stall in a public market in Bangkok and there each team was expected to finish a bowl filled with, uhhmm, exotic ingredients, like fried beetles, locusts and assorted insects. I thought that since the racers were all Asian, or married to Asians, or living in Asia, everyone would find this challenge a piece of cake. Asians, after all, are known for “eating everything,” and possessing iron stomachs.

BUT I guess the younger generation has truly been “Westernized” not just in dress and manner but in their diet as well, as many teams couldn’t seem to get around to biting into the crisp shells and wriggly antennae and, once ingested, keep them down.

My own children, who are both young adults, couldn’t help exclaiming “yeecchh!” with each mouthful of critters. When I told them how much I loved eating camaru, the field locusts that are caught in nets spread over rice fields and then prepared adobo-style, they looked at me like I was Hannibal Lecter.

Another sort of “culture clash” surfaced in the next challenge which involved teams cleaning up dirty tourist buses. A team from Malaysia, composed of an actress and a “socialite-heiress,” was particularly annoying. At one point, the socialite was mopping the bus with a vengeance and uttering under her breath: “My maid would be so proud of me!” Noblesse oblige, indeed.

It’s a point of pride among Filipino viewers that the Philippine team, former beauty queen Tisha Silang and her boyfriend Geoff Rodriguez, placed second at the end of the episode after a well-fought race that they played with integrity. This, after the local team in the last season: Marc Nelson and Rovilson Fernandez, consistently ended up in first place in every episode (though they finished third overall) in the last season, winning over new fans.

This year’s version is said to be the most grueling race ever, and I for one look forward to many exciting shows and amusing confrontations.
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mai-siomai Sun 14 Sep 2008, 3:31 pm

oh wow! Ms Rina Jimenez-David is also a TARA fan! cool!

mai-siomai

Female
Number of posts : 63
Job/hobbies : i love the beach so much!
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by benjbuddy Sun 14 Sep 2008, 5:18 pm

very nice review by ms. Rina Jimenez

benjbuddy

Male
Number of posts : 9440

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Mon 15 Sep 2008, 5:43 am

La la la, Benj and Sio-Mai know the writer? Very Happy
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Thu 09 Oct 2008, 5:17 am

“Tisha is the most competitive girl I know. That’s probably why we
gel together. We push each other to greater heights,” Geoff admits.

Says Tisha, “What I love most about Geoff is that he can drive me to do things I never thought I could accomplish!”

Even their courtship was a competition. “What attracted me first to Tisha was the fact that she didn’t like me,” Geoff explains.

Complete opposites, Tisha and Geoff balance each other. Hopefully, that would work to their favor.

“Tisha doesn’t get mad. I am the one that’s always mad and stressed. She has to worry about calming me down,” Geoff confesses.
Gearing Up For The Race

Tisha believes that it would take an equal balance between physical,
emotional, and mental strength to win the Amazing Race. It is also a
plus that she is happiest under the sun, as most of the challenges are
outdoors.

“I took a crash course on driving a manual car and I got a LASIK eye surgery,” she says as last-minute preparations.

READ HERE IN FULL: http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Health%20And%20Family&p=49&type=2&sec=41&aid=2008100655
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down