ENTERMYWORLD: Enter my World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TAR 14 - Spoilers and Speculations

5 posters

Go down

TAR 14 - Spoilers and Speculations Empty TAR 14 - Spoilers and Speculations

Post by JonL0ver Mon 03 Nov 2008, 1:00 am

I think TAR 14 started filming around the world.

From Wikipedia:

Filming is expected to take place around mid August to mid October 2008.

Then I found this post at the Amazingrace.wetpaint from SwissMiss08:

Is Amazing Race in Locarno, Ticino? I live in Ticino, the southern part of Switzerland. Today I saw two separate groups of two people with backpacks running around town, followed by a cameraman and a 4th person. I noticed they were speaking American English.

This was especially strange because I normally hear American-accented
English perhaps once or twice a month, even though this place is pretty
touristy. Additionally, I saw these Americans talking to a PRIEST outside of church and being filmed doing so. Seriously, what tourists talk to a priest (on camera)?
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male
Number of posts : 5506
Job/hobbies : Back packing or travelling
Humor : Tolerable
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

TAR 14 - Spoilers and Speculations Empty Re: TAR 14 - Spoilers and Speculations

Post by Avalanche Mon 03 Nov 2008, 5:21 pm

You are right. TAR 14 started. I recieved my google alert and when I saw this blog. He will be blogging about his journey, so check it out when you can.

He already has a few stories, including running into the Amazing Race contestants at the Frankfurt airport!

SOURCE: http://melissaclaar.blogspot.com/2008/11/from-flip-flops-to-snow-shoes.html
And when I clicked the link he provided, it's the blog of the person who saw the teams in the airport.

I decided just to walk to my gate and hang out there and read until my flight boarded, but to my surprise I had the Amazing Race in my waiting room and on my flight. There were 7 teams of two hanging around being interviewed by the crew with their huge cameras and all. Lucky me I was the only one in the whole crowd they decided to interview! So I had two teams come up to me with their camera crew and talk to me about who I am, where I'm from, and a ton of other random questions. I had to fill out a release form so they could put me on TV and everything! Pretty crazy, right?

SOURCE: http://matthewmarkley.blogspot.com/2008/11/day-one-sorry-it-is-so-long.html#comments
Avalanche
Avalanche
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member

Male
Number of posts : 753
Job/hobbies : Photography
Humor : LOL
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Mon 03 Nov 2008, 5:34 pm

Great job Avalanche. I also received that in my google alert. Is Switzerland the first country they visit from the US and Frankfurt as the connecting point? I don't know hola16 Well, Switzerland definitely has an international airport.
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Mon 03 Nov 2008, 7:45 pm

There is a follow up post at the Amazing Race Wikipaint from venzin77.

Yes the amazing race is in Switzerland y help one couple, y make police man job.

Mornig in Locarno, train Station, y help the couple Dustin & Kandice
to go in Verzasca Valley. You see the the show and you see my ..... :)
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by eragon Tue 04 Nov 2008, 5:25 pm

Dustin & Kandice??
eragon
eragon

Male
Number of posts : 3830
Job/hobbies : Doing Legs of EAR!!!
Humor : hahaha!!!
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 04 Nov 2008, 6:15 pm

The poster probably saw two blonde and he knows Dustin and Kandice very well. Very Happy
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Sat 08 Nov 2008, 1:55 am

I received this blog update from my google alert. TAR 14 is in Romania.

SOURCE: http://seriouslyromania.com/

These other travelers were, in fact, the cast and crew of the 14th season of The Amazing Race,
filming their way through Romania. I looked inside and watched the
teams of two flanked by cameramen and production staff. They all seemed
unaware of the motley crowd outside those doors. They talked to each
other, milled around, and consulted maps. One particular team of young
women looked too manicured for such a contest at such an hour. At
4:20am, the ticket counters opened early for them; the crowd outside
moved closer to the locked doors. Ten minutes later, the station’s
McDonald’s franchise let the cast and crew inside while keeping the
public, now allowed in the building, locked outside. Soon these
contestants would be headed out of the capital in search of adventure!

And for those of you who are fans of the show, the Romania episode
will be full of classics: gymnasts, gypsies, and vampires. Through some
connections of mine here, I found out that the cast travels to nearby Bran Castle,
engages in a challenge that included coffins and stakes, and visits a
gypsy village (possibly in search of a clue). Of course, some of it
plays off of the cultural myths about Romania. There is no question
that some Romanians are interested in selling vampire kitsch to
spook-seeking tourists, regardless of the relative lack of native
tradition actually concerning the monsters. Much of the rest of the
population at least tolerates it. And The Amazing Race clearly aims to take advantage.

But the show exploits more than the vampire legend. The most intriguing element of The Amazing Race
episode in Romania relates to the gypsy village, which was, strangely,
a fake. Constructed specially for the show in an area with a relatively
low gypsy population, the artificial village was “populated” with
ethnic Romanians dressed up in gypsy attire. Yes, even the supposed
gypsies were impostors, as authentic as their costumes may have
appeared. All this was done for the benefit of a reality television
show. And tourism, of course.
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Sat 08 Nov 2008, 6:32 pm

Amazing Race is in Salzburg, Austria.

Here is a blog from a fellow French (I definitely try to contact her)

SOURE: http://bainfrance.blogspot.com/2008/11/salzburg-austria.html

Last stop of the trip was Salzburg. I have heard so much about this place from my family and I am soo glad that I finally got to go! Unfortunately Kate had to go back to work in the States so she flew back on Sunday from Prague. Even though she got sick during the trip she was a real trooper and was a great travel buddy :) On Sunday I got on a train in the morning, and no joke, I am pretty sure Kate got back to the States before I even made it to Munich. Those Czech's need to work on their trains. It was a very pretty train ride, though, and traveling on trains is MUCH better than flying anyways. So my friend Kara (the person I was meeting in Salzburg) and I ran into each other at the Munich train station on the way. We of course were overly concerned about eating and missed our train to Salzburg. Whoops! Luckily there is always another train within the hour, so we got on the next one and were on our way.

Once we got there, we found our hostel which was called the YOHO hostel. Once again, best hostel ever! For 17 euros a night it was really clean, nice and even had an inexpensive hotel bar with austrian food and HEFEWEIZEN beer, which is my favorite kind of beer ever. They even had discount prices on the famous Sound of Music tour which took us to all the places where the movie was filmed in and around Salzburg.

The first day, we did some sightseeing around town. I finally saw this McDonalds that I have been hearing about for years. It is just your standard McDonald's, but the sign is the fanciest McD's sign you'll ever see. My grandpa refers to it as the "club" so I went there in his honor. We also walked up the mountain and got a great view of the town, as well as the alps on the other side. Mozart was born and grew up in Salzburg, so we saw his house and apartment too. Once again, we were SO lucky with our weather. Nothing but sunshine the whole time. One thing is for sure, this town seems to have a lot of money! It is built right on salt mines so I am guessing that had something to do with it at one point in time.

The next day, we decided that since we were in Salzburg, we had to go on the Sound of Music tour. Now I'm going to be honest, I'm not even sure if I've ever even seen the movie. But it was still cool to see everywhere, and they took us to the lake district out of the city too. I could have gone without the 4hour sing-a-long that basically was our tour guide belting out every word and note of every song in the movie the entire time that we were in the car. I tried including a video of that but it wasn't working, so hopefully that will be coming soon. I also have to say that one of the most exciting points of the day was when we saw signs for the show "The Amazing Race." It was being filmed at the palace where the famous Sound of Music gazebo now is. I took a picture of one of the signs that I saw, but there also were about 15 matching white Mercedes out front that were supposed to belong to the people in the amazing race. After I took a picture, an angry man came and put a garbage bag over the sign. Another oops! If anyone watches that show, let me know when this episode is on!

The last night we went to the Augustiner Brewery and had our last fix of Austrian weinerschnitzels and beer. I had such a great vacation and I feel so lucky to be able to do all of this and get PAID in the mean time :) I do have to say though, this was the most exhausting "vacation" I have ever had!

TAR 14 - Spoilers and Speculations Amazin10
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Avalanche Sat 08 Nov 2008, 9:28 pm

Here is a follow up from SwissMiss08 on Amazing Wetpaint.

I first approached the plaza piazza sant'antonio around 6pm (it gets dark here around 5:30pm now). It is a little plaza in the old city (citta vecchia) which has some parking spots. I tried to park my car and was waved away. And there was a priest standing in front of the church, outside. They did not appear to have been standing there for long. It looked like they were just getting set up.

I drove past, parked, and walked back past around 6:15. I saw a team, a short woman and a tall man with backpacks, frantically talking to the priest (or perhaps frantically talking to each other near the priest). The woman was the one talking. They may have been middle aged, not sure, I was never very close.

The restaurant I was heading to was closed until 7pm, so I turned around and walked past the church/plaza again, this time only the priest and a few others were standing around. I went down to the Piazza Grande and sat in a bar waiting for the restaurant to open.

Around 7, I was again heading up towards the plaza AGAIN when we were passed by a team heading down the street, towards the vicinity of the Piazza Grande or the castle, we thought. This team was two younger people (early to mid 20s). I think the woman I saw was blond, but not sure. She was definitely pretty and tall - guessing 5'9 or more. The "producer" (ie 4th person in group, not carrying a backpack or camera) stopped her to adjust her shirt or necklace as they walked down the street.

Thank you very much to you SwissMiss08. You are so sweet and nice. admin2
Avalanche
Avalanche
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member

Male
Number of posts : 753
Job/hobbies : Photography
Humor : LOL
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Thu 13 Nov 2008, 8:10 am

Here is another blog about the Amazing Race in Salzburg:

BUT there was another reason. As I peddled my bike back from the my errands, a white car full of people crossed the small intersection in front of me. I noticed right away from the stop-start-stop motion of the car that they were lost. I also noticed that the front passenger was carrying a HUGE television camera.

The driver pulled down the window and asked a young Austrian man for directions. I recognized right away that the driver spoke American English, so being the helpful American I am, I pulled around the front of the car to see if I could help. The Austrian man was fishing for his English vocabulary. Both the front and rear driver's side windows were down. A young man was driving, what I guess was his wife or girlfriend was behind him.

"How do you get to Schloss Hellbrunn?" the man asked me. He and the woman were frazzled, amazingly desperate! And they were covered in what looked like an amazing amount blood, guts, and pumpkin rot. But it all looked fake. Plus they had tons of make-up on.

I explained that they needed to turn back onto the major road they had just left, Alpenstraße, and head straight down until they passed underneath and underpass. Then they should take the very next right which would lead them down a wooded country lane.

By the time I had finished my first sentence, out of the car from the front and back passenger seats raced the camera man and the boom (sound) man, and they were both on me. I was good. Amazingly enough, I didn't look into the camera! I put a foot on my peddle to push off and ride away when the boom man caught my eye. He shook his head quickly as if to say, "Don't race off!"

The camera man turned off his camera and the boom man, an American, explained to the Austrian and me that we had to sign a release or this footage couldn't be used.

While we signed the paperwork, the woman in the backseat swore. They were in an amazing rush! The boom man turned to her and said, "Look, I told you. If you ask people questions, we have to do this. If you don't like it, don't ask for help."

"What kind of show is this?" I asked.
"A travel show," he replied.
"What channel?" I asked.
"I'm not sure," he said. Amazing, if that were true!
"What's the show called?" I asked.
Then he (sort of) came clean. He said, "I can only tell you that it's a pretty popular one!"

Off into the car they went. I wave and they raced off.

So this was some sort of race! Amazing, I thought, that I was caught in the middle of it.

I swore myself to secrecy--this was big stuff--I couldn't tell people about this! In two minutes I was home and spilling my guts to Jenny. Then one of my students came over 15 minutes later to pick up some soup, and I was telling her before she even sat down.

After my student left, Jenny suggested we head to Hellbrunn (only 5 minutes from our apartment) to see what we could see. There's a huge playground there and we promised Nikolas he could play there a bit (he said 40 minutes, and we said about 10--hey, it was getting dark!).

When we got to Hellbrunn, I noticed not one, but three cars that looked like the one I'd seen earlier. They each had numbers in the back window. The highest number I saw was 11.

When we tried to enter the castle grounds, we were immediately forced to make a U-Turn by a staff member. "Das Schloss ist zu wegen Dreharbeit." Closed due to filming...hmmm.

Just then, another white car pulled into the parking lot. A different set of people but with camera and boom men. They held each other's hands and headed right past us through a different door than the main entrance. I wanted to tell them that the path they were taking was a Detour, but I figured it wasn't my place.

In fact, a staff member came up to us a short time later and asked us in German if we'd said anything to the couple. "Nein," we answered. Dang, can't we be friendly?

Jenny decided to take Nikolas down that path to see where the couple was headed. I waited in case more white cars appeared in the parking lot. None did, and soon Jenny was back to tell me that she's seen "things." Well, I wanted to see things, too, so off I went along the path. The pathway was heavily wooded so it was even darker. Up ahead I could see huge lights, the kind you see on film sets. But there was a Roadblock between lights and me: a gate and a staff member. I spoke to the staff member for a moment. I asked him if they were filming an advertisement (playing dumb I was) and he spilled his guts. And while he spilled, I looked through the gate and saw "things."

Fast Forward to me catching up with Jenny and Nikolas in the park. We saw bobbing through the trees what looked like a TV camera light. Two women were running together. One was hobbling. The other said, "I'm going ahead a bit," and the other countered with, "OK, go ahead." Off into the park they went, clueless as the day was long.

Satisfied with the afternoon's excitement, we headed home and made a Pit Stop at Rossbräu, a local restaurant. No one recognized me from TV and I didn't tell anyone who I was.

SOURCE: http://vonpenningtonnachsalzburg.blogspot.com/2008/11/amazing.html

PICTURES FOLLOW. LET'S ASK FIRST THE RIGHTFUL OWNER.
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Thu 13 Nov 2008, 8:19 am

Here are the pictures from our blogger who saw the the filming in Salzburg.

TAR 14 - Spoilers and Speculations Amazin11

TAR 14 - Spoilers and Speculations Amazin12
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by eragon Fri 14 Nov 2008, 6:24 pm

Go Blondes!!
eragon
eragon

Male
Number of posts : 3830
Job/hobbies : Doing Legs of EAR!!!
Humor : hahaha!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Sun 16 Nov 2008, 3:14 pm

From this blog, TAR 14 is now in Phuket, Thailand.

Exciting news- on my domestic flight going Bangkok- Phuket, the Amazing Race
contestents caught the same flight. And as I expected it's all a shame. Camera
crews set up and take multiple shots of them running to the ticket counter, and
then they got off the plane and ran down the stairs, only to get held up by
customs. Stupid fucking Americans.

Ahh they were wankers. They yelled at
the Air stewardess because their large cameras didn't fit in the overhead
lockers, they walked around the plane the whole flight to be sure no one was
filming them and they were the biggest bunch of knobs.

But hey what do
you really expect from American reality shows??

SOURCE: http://aidaninthailand.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-love-it-here.html
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Sun 16 Nov 2008, 3:21 pm

Here is another picture of Amazing Race contestants. As usual we DON'T claim pictures from bloggers. Razz

TAR 14 - Spoilers and Speculations Amazin13

TAR 14 - Spoilers and Speculations 2dakto2
That's Interlaken Lake from the same Picassa Album OWNER Razz
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by alenn_wafu Sun 16 Nov 2008, 7:00 pm

eragon wrote:Dustin & Kandice??

I also heard that there is an African/American moms so it might be D/K and L/K version 2.0. 8)

Wow, this season is pretty spoiled already. Very Happy
alenn_wafu
alenn_wafu
Moderator and Official Greeter
Moderator and Official Greeter

Male
Number of posts : 3980
Job/hobbies : Host/Lifter/Part-time Tennis Player
Humor : weh. :)

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Mon 17 Nov 2008, 4:48 am

Since we are now talking about the filming of TAR 14 here, I monitored just now my list of the bloggers who auditioned for this season. I have 3 bloggers in my list whose blogs have been deleted.

So I am wondering why they have deleted their blogs.

But I saved the picture of one of them and here it is:

JonL0ver wrote:Here is another another blog to watch out for TAR 14.

http://theblondeassassin.blogspot.com/2008/06/keep-your-fingers-crossed.html

Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Keep your fingers crossed

So late last night my Dad and I decided we are going to sign up to be on The Amazing Race. Should be pretty interesting since he's very athletic and adventurous while I prefer shopping, tanning, and eating. Hmmmm.........

Posted by The Blonde Assassin at 12:50 PM

Here is the picture:

TAR 14 - Spoilers and Speculations Tar_1410

So, can we expect another father-daughter?
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Sat 22 Nov 2008, 4:21 pm

Here is another Amazing Race 14 sighting in Phuket, Thailand from

http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/printing.asp?Id=6908

TAR 14 - Spoilers and Speculations Phuket10

Mysterious documentary filmed today in Phuket City
PHUKET GAZETTE
Saturday, November 15, 2008

PHUKET: At least four pairs of contestants taking part in a travel documentary are racing around Phuket using various forms of transport today.

One of the challenges that faced the contestants was to pull each other through Phuket City in the midday heat using rickshaws as they searched for “King Rama V Park”.

The contestants pictured here made “four wrong turns” and held up traffic while a camera man and a sound engineer followed them in a songtaew (wooden bus with benches). A policeman on a motorcycle also followed the contestants and crew to “ensure their safety”. The policeman told the Gazette that even though he could easily have told them how to get to the park, he had been ordered not to give directions to the contestants.

The Gazette caught up with production crew members at the park, but despite holding up traffic and creating quite a spectacle with brightly decorated rickshaws being pulled by very hot and stressed-looking farangs, they refused to make any comment on what they were doing, except to say that they were making a “random travel documentary”.
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Sat 22 Nov 2008, 6:08 pm

I don't remember where I have read this anymore but it's clear in my mind I've read this somewhere.

JonL0ver wrote:Rumours say TAR 14 is a CELEBRITY EDITION...

CBS are calling for celebrities to audition.
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeesan Sat 22 Nov 2008, 8:13 pm

Celebrity edition? Wow, that'd be awesome, but are any of the teams that've been spotted celebrities?
Jeesan
Jeesan

Male
Number of posts : 2000
Location : Chittagong, Bangladesh, Asia, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
Job/hobbies : Student/Dancing
Humor : umm...good
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeesan Sat 22 Nov 2008, 8:16 pm

Jon, is it okay if I come and comment on the spoilers without contributing? I'm just saying cause it might be irritating for someone who's so serious to have spoilers hunted down be commented by someone who has no idea of where the spoilers come from? Razz
Jeesan
Jeesan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Sat 22 Nov 2008, 9:40 pm

It would be better if we just keep this exclusive for spoilers. Let's just discuss other things in TAR 14 General Discussion
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeesan Sat 22 Nov 2008, 9:51 pm

Okay boss benjbuddy (OK) But Jon, I'll irritate you just once more, could you please tell how you get those spoilers? I'm curious and I'd like to contribute too Very Happy Could you give me some guidelines?
Jeesan
Jeesan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Wed 26 Nov 2008, 7:57 am

Here is another picture from Picassa Album about an Amazing Race filming sighting

We ran into The Amazing Race Asia 4 and gave these 2 racers a lift

TAR 14 - Spoilers and Speculations Amazin19

SOURCE: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?client=safari&rls=en&q=We%20ran%20into%20The%20Amazing%20Race%20Asia%204%20and%20gave%20these%202%20racers%20a%20lif&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=iq#5271822286044116402
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down