ENTERMYWORLD: Enter my World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Message From McKay on TARA 3

3 posters

Go down

A Message From McKay on TARA 3 Empty A Message From McKay on TARA 3

Post by JonL0ver Sun 23 Nov 2008, 4:12 am

From the desk of the Executive Producer of The Amazing Race Asia 3
19 hours ago, Michael_McKay says:

Thank you to everyone for supporting TARA3. The series has been a huge success and I thank you for watching.

To some folks on the forum: I'm sorry if we could not fulfill all of your expectations Sad

I do hope you have enjoyed the three series of TARA and found them entertaining, exciting and informative.

It has been a great adventure for the production team and an exciting addition to the Asian TV landscape.

I hinted at the beginning of the season that we would not be traveling far and wide, focussing instead on short sharp hops that put the Racers under maximum pressure.

I was also interested to see if our viewers preferred to see themselves / their countries on TV. It is funny that people want the show to visit their particular country in Asia but when we do we are criticized for not traveling far enough.

Congrats to the final three teams. Once again Geoff and Tisha proved how important your cab driver can be. They raced well and should be forever proud of their effort.

Ida and Tania were a good flight connection off winning (that was the crucial element for them). Sure they had some luck on the double elimination but, in the end their luck ran out on the flight connection.

Sam and Vince: To come back from that 4 hour penalty on the road block was a superb effort and they deserved their victory.

To all of the other teams, congratulations. You join a small and exclusive club. To be a part of the TARA family is a special gift indeed.

Thank you to the sponsors who make this mega expensive series possible. They are not only sponsors but true supporters.

And a personal thank you to Ricky Ow, Frank Sutera, Jack Lim and the team at AXN. They are marvelous people to work with.

Thank you to ALL the team at activeTV who have worked so hard to make TARA3 a success. Three production members ended up sick in hospital during the making of this race and I had to argue with them to get them to stop work. The dedication of our production team is unbelievable.

The heroes of the series are the camera and sound crews who run with the Teams and share 26 hour bus trips and all the other things we put the Teams through. Well done guys. You are world class.

Thank you to the entire post producton team who don't get to travel to all of the exotic places the rest of the team go to and hardly see daylight for months.

Thank you to Control Risks for keeping an eye on us on the Race. And to ISOS for helping out the walking wounded.

Thank you to the hundreds and hundreds of people we worked with on the ground. All of the hardworking local crews in Thailand, Vietnam, Taiwan, Macau, Hong Kong, India and Oman.

And speaking of Oman, that is one cool place. If you get the chance to go there, take it!

And finally, a huge thank you to the families of the production teams. The absence from home for weeks on end is difficult and we appreciate your support.

SOURCE:
http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/about/producer/
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male
Number of posts : 5506
Job/hobbies : Back packing or travelling
Humor : Tolerable
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

A Message From McKay on TARA 3 Empty Re: A Message From McKay on TARA 3

Post by Nazrin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 2:01 am

Very Happy ..

Sam and Vince: To come back from that 4 hour penalty on the road block was a superb effort and they deserved their victory.

--------------> I can't accept this Razz.. It's not superb.. It's just their luck.. The roadblock is not that challenging, I'm sorry Sad
Nazrin
Nazrin
VIP Member
VIP Member

Male
Number of posts : 8311
Job/hobbies : Tennis, Swimming
Humor : Novak Djokovic and William Sisters
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

A Message From McKay on TARA 3 Empty Re: A Message From McKay on TARA 3

Post by ahdeng88 Tue 20 Jan 2009, 2:10 am