ENTERMYWORLD: Enter my World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anthony Marotta and Stephanie Kacandes - Dating

3 posters

Go down

Anthony Marotta and Stephanie Kacandes - Dating Empty Anthony Marotta and Stephanie Kacandes - Dating

Post by JonL0ver Tue 19 Aug 2008, 6:10 pm

Anthony Marotta and Stephanie Kacandes - Dating Anthony_stephanie

Biography

This competitive couple is hoping to be engaged by the end of the Race. Back together again after a year-long break-up, Anthony says he will propose to Stephanie if they make it through the Race.

Even though they’ve overcome many of their differences, their constant bickering would suggest otherwise.

Anthony, a mortgage broker, describes himself as adventurous and entertaining. He enjoys talking sports, hunting and poker. When asked what country he’d most like to visit – Anthony said Italy because he’s 100 percent Italian and has yet to visit.

Stephanie is a financial saleswoman. She loves meeting new people and learning different cultures. She describes herself as outgoing, funny and athletic, and loves competition.

Both of them are eager to Race around the world and put their relationship to the test and ultimately prove to everyone – including themselves – that they do belong together.

Last edited by JonL0ver on Sat 22 Nov 2008, 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male
Number of posts : 5506
Job/hobbies : Back packing or travelling
Humor : Tolerable
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Anthony Marotta and Stephanie Kacandes - Dating Empty Re: Anthony Marotta and Stephanie Kacandes - Dating

Post by camomile Wed 20 Aug 2008, 4:54 pm

A year long break-up? Will propose to her through the race?

What if they fight due to tense of the race??? Will they break-up again?

Was that possible?
camomile
camomile
Hall of Famer / VIP Member
Hall of Famer / VIP Member

Female
Number of posts : 13555
Job/hobbies : almost everything under the sun....almost
Humor : Whatever!!
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Anthony Marotta and Stephanie Kacandes - Dating Empty Re: Anthony Marotta and Stephanie Kacandes - Dating

Post by JonL0ver Wed 20 Aug 2008, 8:47 pm

He's Italian?? Then he's sweet. troll
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 09 Sep 2008, 7:14 am

JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 07 Oct 2008, 7:07 am

This is the couple who are broke Bertram was saying.

That was indeed a sad elimination for them. I would have love to see them win the race but that's life.

It was funny seeing them pushing a taxi to start the engine. :evil:
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ahdeng88 Tue 14 Oct 2008, 4:56 pm

SHOCKED BY EARLY EXIT by Jocelyn Lee

They were fit, enthusiatstic and strong but bad luck prevented dating couple Anthony Marotta and Stephanie Kacandes from progressing into the third round of Amazing Race 13.

The couple, who have been dating for four years, were booted out last week after their taxi broke down while they were on their way from Fortaleza in Brazil to Plaza do Cumbuco to search for their next clue. They were the second team to be booted out of the show.

Starting out in fourth place among the remaining 10 teams, the duo, both 32 years old, lost about 15 minutes when their cab broke down. Marotta, who felt that it was more time-consuming to switch to another cab, got out and tried pushing the vehicle to get it restarted, but to no avail.

He told Life! (Straits Time) over the telephone from Los Angeles recently: " I thought that would have been the quickest solution but in the end, we had to flag down another cab because the first one still wouldn't move. "

Lady Luck was not smiling on the couple that day as the driver of the second taxi lost his way, putting them behind by another 15 minutes.

An upset Kacandes, a waitress, said:" We were probably as fast as everybone else in the other segments, so we know that the main reason we lost the race was because of the taxi rides. We were very depressed that we lost as we thought that we would definitely go all the way."

The couple had felt in the beginning that they were one of the better teams and said that being eliminated at such an early stage came as a shock.

Marotta, a mortagage broker, said:" We are physically more capable, more atheletic, very street.smart and good drivers. We have the qualifications to win the race but we lost to bad luck.

The couple had planned to get married if they won the race but now have to shelf their wedding plans because they do not havem enough money.

Still, they have taken away valuable lessons from The Amazing Race.

Marotta said :" If I get to join the race again, I will definitely pack much lighter as it will enable me to run faster when rushing from one point to another and I will be able to stay in front of the group".

His girlfriend agreed, saying :" I will also bring along a whistle the next time round, so that it will be easier to call for a cab or capture people's attention, something I learnt from the other contestants in the race."

(Source taken from The Straits Time, Singapore newspaper)
ahdeng88
ahdeng88
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female
Number of posts : 5665
Job/hobbies : Reading, eating, Do Step aerobics, chatting here, & a lot more
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 14 Oct 2008, 7:40 pm

JonLover (Thank You) ahdeng for sharing this. I would have love to see them going far in the race. I have my heart on them since they're the couple who are broke.
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ahdeng88 Tue 14 Oct 2008, 10:48 pm

So geoff did the correct thing - by bringing a whistle along!! It will really be helpful in the race!! Razz
ahdeng88
ahdeng88
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Wed 15 Oct 2008, 2:21 pm

Even before Geoff, there were TAR racers who brought a whistle with them during the race. I remember Charla and Mirna have one too.

And if you are backpacking or in to mountain hiking, it is a practice to bring a whistle for emergency purposes. You really need it at times especially if you have an accident and you have to call for a rescue.

So learn from things you see on TV. There are reasons behind them you don't just see.
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ahdeng88 Wed 15 Oct 2008, 11:53 pm

Ok, Boss, understooded... i'll bring whistles along if i join TARA , Razz
ahdeng88
ahdeng88
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down