ENTERMYWORLD: Enter my World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Myanmar's Blocking of International Aide

2 posters

Go down

Myanmar's Blocking of International Aide Empty Myanmar's Blocking of International Aide

Post by JonL0ver Tue 20 May 2008, 1:24 pm

OMG, I don't want to sound political here but I really can't understand this military junta ruling Myanmar or Burma. Corpses are decaying in the streets, their people are homeless and foodless, in short, they need help. But they are not allowing foriegn medical workers to enter their territory. They are not issuing visa to them.

They accused France of deploying a military warship near their water. In fact the ship is carrying tons of food supplies.

Can I see another epidemic???? Please not again.
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male
Number of posts : 5506
Job/hobbies : Back packing or travelling
Humor : Tolerable
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Myanmar's Blocking of International Aide Empty Re: Myanmar's Blocking of International Aide

Post by Jeesan Tue 20 May 2008, 4:11 pm

Yes it's very disturbing. The rulers actually don't want the outside world to see their failure in handling the disaster, cause it may create problems for them in the future. But they aren't caring much about the ordinary citizens in desperate need of help, which they aren't able to provide properly now. A military rule often leads to this kind of situation, Pakistan for example suffered from this, I just hope our country is not heading for one. Infact, Cyclone Nargis was initially forecasted to hit Bangladesh and more specifically the eastern regions. That's where I live, thank heavens it didn't happen. I pray that the helpless people in Burma receives their much needed aid. But before that, the military junta needs to stop being adamant.
Jeesan
Jeesan

Male
Number of posts : 2000
Location : Chittagong, Bangladesh, Asia, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
Job/hobbies : Student/Dancing
Humor : umm...good
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Myanmar's Blocking of International Aide Empty Re: Myanmar's Blocking of International Aide

Post by Jeesan Thu 22 May 2008, 3:23 pm

Hmm...noone has posted anything...looks like Forrumers aren't keen on political issues Razz
Jeesan
Jeesan

Male
Number of posts : 2000
Location : Chittagong, Bangladesh, Asia, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
Job/hobbies : Student/Dancing
Humor : umm...good
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Thu 22 May 2008, 3:33 pm

It's okay, Jeesan. You can have monologue here. At least, there are people who are viewing this.

Back to the topic, there is a little good news. They have allowed some medical and rescue teams from members of the ASEAN. So, all non-ASEAN countries who are willing to help can relay their aides to these countries.

Too bad, this military junta is afraid that the other forces will take this oppurtunity to oust them out of power.

I've just read how the military treated the prisoners when they were trying to escape for their lives while the cylone was hitting their cells. They fired on them. This is pathetic.
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male
Number of posts : 5506
Job/hobbies : Back packing or travelling
Humor : Tolerable
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum