ENTERMYWORLD: Enter my World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations

+17
camomile
Username
ljpinakas
Nf-Heartbreaker
Avalanche
jk
nikano
eragon
sprity
banzai
Janet
julsrom13
heartz1988
Anthonyctf
Nazrin
Al-Hafyz
JonL0ver
21 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 8:42 am

"Now a days, the traffic situation in Pune has become very pathetic and
getting daily deteriorated due to increasing number of vehicles, 2, 3
and 4 wheelers, and indisciplined and careless driving habits of the
citizens. People hardly follow traffic signals, lanes, no entries etc.
The vehicles don't care for pedestrians crossing the roads. The
enforcement of traffic laws by the traffic police is very rarely seen,
unlike Mumbai or other major cities. The road conditions are also very
bad at some locations, especially during rainy seasons. Average 3 to 4
accidental deaths per day have happened on Pune roads last year (2007).
The number of serious injuries and minor casualties is also high. Thus
be very careful while walking on the roads or driving. Follow all
traffic rules.Please strictly wear helmets if you are driving a two
wheeler. If you are a foreigner from a western country, you are not
advised to drive on Pune roads."

- from this information, i take it there won't be any driving by the racers.

Username

Male
Number of posts : 82
Job/hobbies : a f*&%ing bum
Humor : i have no sense of humor
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 9:07 am

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 DPP_002

There is a place near Yerwada, Aga Khan Palace, which is only about 2km east-north-east of the market. the arch doors seem similar to the one in the S&V background.

But then, the arch doors seem ubiquitous in Pune. so we need other evidences for this.

i also found out that Lakshmi Road is 5.3 km South West of the old market.

Yerwada Market looks very promising, but there are still no conclusive evidence that the pots are there.

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 9:40 am

i really think the Nehru Stadium is more grandiose than what is shown in the preview.

according to this article:

"The Nehru Stadium in Pune staged one of the biggest upsets in one-day
cricket history when Kenya, the minnows, knocked off heavyweights West
Indies in the World Cup league game in 1996 in a low-scoring thriller."

it also said that it can seat 25,000. The preview shown doesn't seem like it can fit 1,000 people there.

see article here

(in the same article, there is a distinct difference between vidcap and a picture of the stadium. there is also a tel. number. i am tempted to call and ask if AMAZING RACE WAS THERE)

so i checked other sites for cricket in pune.

here is what i found out:

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 010859.icon

Decca Gymkhana - notice the similarity in the red (clay) dirt. the structure shown may not be similar to the one shown in the preview, but it could be probably taken from the opposite end.

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 9:47 am

SUGGESTION for Searches:

PUNE and POONA are the same. try alternating the two.

also, LAXMI and LAKSHMI road are the same.

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ljpinakas Tue 04 Nov 2008, 11:33 am

I just wish G and T will win the race!!! hahahaha!!!
ljpinakas
ljpinakas

Male
Number of posts : 33
Job/hobbies : RN
Humor : Humorless
Registration date : 2008-10-31

http://www.friendster.com/ljpinakas

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazrin Tue 04 Nov 2008, 12:31 pm

wow! nice observations USERNAME :)..
Nazrin
Nazrin
VIP Member
VIP Member

Male
Number of posts : 8311
Job/hobbies : Tennis, Swimming
Humor : Novak Djokovic and William Sisters
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 04 Nov 2008, 1:20 pm

Username, you have raised good points there and I try to answer you later. But for now, I will show that the stadium is the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in India.

The pictures as our basis were taken in 2002. It is posted in a picassa album by an Indian. Please understand that our vidcap is of low quality so the stadium looks like dilapidated.

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Previe16

I think that stadium can seat 25,000 people. Look at this.

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Nehru10

It's a big 2-storey stadium.

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Nehru110

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Nehru210
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male
Number of posts : 5506
Job/hobbies : Back packing or travelling
Humor : Tolerable
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 04 Nov 2008, 1:52 pm

Username wrote:the
"11PM bus theory" suggests that they MIGHT not be able to get to the
bus that is scheduled to leave only once a week.

It's a TRAIN. Banzai found out that there is only one train per week from Cochin to Pune. The racers were in Cochin on 1 June 2008. They checked in around 8:30 AM so they will be released around 8:30 PM after a 12-hour mandatory rest period.

The Cochin-Pune train on that week was scheduled to leave on 2 June 2008 at 11 PM.

So, they might be instructed to take the train IF Sam and Vince will be released before 11 PM but if not then they had to fly. Pune has an airport and it is near the airports of Mumbai (where HB and SV had connections from Macao) and Bangalore.

Username wrote:I checked it out and found out that Yerwada is 11km (roughly 45 deg south east of) away from Kumbharwada.

Kumb is in Pimpri Gaon, Yerwada in Yerwada Gaon.

Also noteworthy is the distance from Yerwada to Nehru Stadium. It is 5.6 km away.

For Kumbharwada, a whopping 14 km away.

Our two Indian sources mentioned that the Kumbharwada are is where the pottery is mainly concentrated and one of our them told me that the teracota and pot selling are common sight in Pune roads especially to the roads going out of the city.

So, you might be right. It could be in Yerwada Old Market or it could also be in Kumbharwada.

What is interesting about Kumbharwada is that it is near a famous Pune landmark - the Shaniwarda.

Maybe Shaniwarda will be used as the place where they retrieve a clue before the pot-delivery task and the cricket task in Nehru Stadium.

Just look at this Shaniwarda is a walking distance from Kumbharwada. Nehru Stadium is 5 km away to Yerwada Old Market. So, Shaniwarda and Kumbharwada are 11 km away from Yerwada Old Market and Nehru Stadium. Maybe you can think something from this.

Username wrote:from this information, i take it there won't be any driving by the racers.

Yes, never in the history of TAR or TARA where racers required to drive in the streets of India. It is not advisable for non-Indians since the roads are very dangerous. From what I know about India, I am afraid I might offend our Indian friends but I let Sprity explain this. Go ahead, Sprity.

Username wrote:Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 DPP_002There
is a place near Yerwada, Aga Khan Palace, which is only about 2km
east-north-east of the market. the arch doors seem similar to the one
in the S&V background.

But then, the arch doors seem ubiquitous in Pune. so we need other evidences for this.

i also found out that Lakshmi Road is 5.3 km South West of the old market.

Yerwada Market looks very promising, but there are still no conclusive evidence that the pots are there.

Yes, Aga Khan Palace is brought out by Al-Hafyz. There is a picture of that palace also in this thread.

But according to our friends, that place where Sam and Vince are standing could be Film and Television Institute of India in College Law Road or Fergusson College or Wardia College.

Laxmi or Lakshmi Road is a long road and this is the busiest and most famous road in Pune. So, regarding the 5 km distance to Yerwada Old Market, it depends on what part of Laxmi.

Username wrote:SUGGESTION for Searches:

PUNE and POONA are the same. try alternating the two.

also, LAXMI and LAKSHMI road are the same.

Nazrin is right. Nice observation from you. I failed to inform you about this. Based on my experience, the Indians are not that particular about spellings so I guess this explains.
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 04 Nov 2008, 2:12 pm

Username wrote:according to this article:

"The Nehru Stadium in Pune staged one of the biggest upsets in one-day
cricket history when Kenya, the minnows, knocked off heavyweights West
Indies in the World Cup league game in 1996 in a low-scoring thriller."

it also said that it can seat 25,000. The preview shown doesn't seem like it can fit 1,000 people there.

see article here

(in the same article, there is a distinct difference between vidcap and a picture of the stadium. there is also a tel. number. i am tempted to call and ask if AMAZING RACE WAS THERE)

LOL. But sometimes I do that. Maybe Sprity would like to call the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium since he's in India. What do you think, Sprity?

The stadium is in the North Side, Tilak Road, Pune - 411002 (Phone: 020 - 2444 4739/168)
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 2:29 pm

JonL0ver wrote:Username, you have raised good points there and I try to answer you later. But for now, I will show that the stadium is the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in India.

The pictures as our basis were taken in 2002. It is posted in a picassa album by an Indian. Please understand that our vidcap is of low quality so the stadium looks like dilapidated.

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Previe16

I think that stadium can seat 25,000 people. Look at this.

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Nehru10

It's a big 2-storey stadium.

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Nehru110

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Nehru210

i knew it's such a give-away. :) but thanks for explanation about the "seemingly dilapidated stadium", it makes real sense now. WE NOW CONCLUDE, without any tinge of doubt, that the cricket task is in Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium. Good job, JonLover on this.

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Avalanche Tue 04 Nov 2008, 2:36 pm

Let's examine again the place where Sam and Vince are standing. Even our two Indian sources have contradicting statements on this. One says it's either Fergusson College or Wardia College driveways. One says it's the Film and Television Institute of India

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Sam_an10

This is a picture of the Film and Television Institute of India.

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Film_a12

Comparing it to the vidcap, I can't see any similarities unless vidcap is taken in another angle. But the building is kinda similar to the building of Wardia College. Pictures are posted in this thread. You can browse this thread to see it.

But I found out something We have been mentioning the Shaniwarwada fortress. Inside the Shaniwarwada, there are areas here that looks like the place where Sam and Vince are standing.

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Sam_sh10

Not only that. The palm tree at the vidcap is also visible in Shaniwarwada.

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Shaniw10

So, do you think. They are near or inside Shaniwarwada? Are they going to get a clue inside Shaniwarwada and that they're waiting for the gate to open?

Last edited by Avalanche on Tue 04 Nov 2008, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Avalanche
Avalanche
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member

Male
Number of posts : 753
Job/hobbies : Photography
Humor : LOL
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 2:45 pm

thanks for appreciating the small work i have contributed so far. it's nothing compared to what you guys have done.

will check the some leads about Shaniwar Wada and post my findings later.

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 04 Nov 2008, 2:50 pm

NO worries, Username. You are doing great. You have fantastic contributions. If not because of you,we will never know the distance of those places mentioned here. If it's not because of you, no one reminds us about the old names of Pune and Laxmi. And we love someone questioning our collective works. I am glad you are there. You are very much welcome here. admin2 hola1
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 2:55 pm

Avalanche wrote:Let's examine again the place where Sam and Vince are standing. Even our two Indian sources have contradicting statements on this. One says it's either Fergusson College or Wardia College driveways. One says it's the Film and Television Institute of India

This is a picture of the Film and Television Institute of India.

Comparing it to the vidcap, I can't see any similarities unless vidcap is taken in another angle. But the building is kinda similar to the building of Wardia College. Pictures are posted in this thread. You can browse this thread to see it.

But I found out something We have been mentioning the Shaniwarda fortress. Inside the Shaniwarda, there are areas here that looks like the place where Sam and Vince are standing.

Not only that. The palm tree at the vidcap is also visible in Shaniwarda.

So, do you think. They are near or inside Shaniwarda? Are they going to get a clue inside Shaniwarda and that they're waiting for the gate to open?

the S&V background doesn't look like any wall of the fortress. Shaniwar Wada has high windows. But i agree that they might be waiting for hours of operation.

also the palm trees in the shaniwar pictures are very large compared to those in the background of S&V.

i'm still mystified by their bags? where could their bags be? could they have dropped it while waiting and are actually on their feet (which apparently is not shown).

i'm checking the Shaniwar area now, looking for the same circular curb and red clay dirt.

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Avalanche Tue 04 Nov 2008, 3:05 pm

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Shaniw12
Avalanche
Avalanche
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 3:08 pm

Dilli Darwaza or Delhi Darwaja is the most famous gate in all the gates of Shaniwar Wada. map of Dilli Darwaja, Shaniwar Wada

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 105_Delhi_Gate

this is another gate (Khuni):

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 105_Delhi-remains-of-Kashmi

and another (Ajmeri):

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 105_Delhi-khoonidarwaza

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 04 Nov 2008, 3:10 pm

Interesting points Avalanche and Username. If we could get another angle of the Shaniwar Wada, probably we could match it.

Great job on the gates of Shaniwar Wada, USername. I try to search more.

The instances where racers could drop their bags is when they do task or when they have footrace to the pitstop.
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 3:27 pm

i just learned Shaniwarwada's Dilli Darwaza is 2km North of Nehru Stadium.

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 3:30 pm

checking now on Kumbharwada. one lead suggests, Kumbharwada is the biggest pottery colony in mumbai. i'm verifying the claim and somehow relate it to Pune.

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 04 Nov 2008, 3:35 pm

Username wrote:checking now on Kumbharwada. one lead suggests, Kumbharwada is the biggest pottery colony in mumbai. i'm verifying the claim and somehow relate it to Pune.

There is Kumbharwada Pune and there is Kumbharwada Mumbai.

There 5 gates of the Shaniwarwada:

1. Dilli Darwaza (Delhi Gate), facing north
2. Mastani Darwaja (Mastani's Gate) or Alibahadur Darwaja, facing north
3. Khidki Darwaja (Window Gate), facing east
4. Ganesh Darwaja (Ganesh Gate), facing south-east
5. Jambhul Darwaja or Narayan Darwaja (Narayan's Gate), facing south

So if the Shaniwarwada is 2 km away from Nehru Stadium then probably the cricket is part of the detour along with the pot-delivery.

So the sugarcane juice could be another route info task
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jk Tue 04 Nov 2008, 3:42 pm

South east corner of Shaniwar Wada

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 2qcf97d

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 2epnfx3

Very Happy
jk
jk

Male
Number of posts : 54
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 04 Nov 2008, 3:49 pm

Thank you Jk. In the site where you have taken that picture, do you see any photos where the gate is near pot stalls?
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jk Tue 04 Nov 2008, 3:54 pm

None jonlover. No pots in the vicinity.
jk
jk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 4:59 pm

JonL0ver wrote:
Username wrote:checking now on Kumbharwada. one lead suggests, Kumbharwada is the biggest pottery colony in mumbai. i'm verifying the claim and somehow relate it to Pune.

There is Kumbharwada Pune and there is Kumbharwada Mumbai.

There 5 gates of the Shaniwarwada:

1. Dilli Darwaza (Delhi Gate), facing north
2. Mastani Darwaja (Mastani's Gate) or Alibahadur Darwaja, facing north
3. Khidki Darwaja (Window Gate), facing east
4. Ganesh Darwaja (Ganesh Gate), facing south-east
5. Jambhul Darwaja or Narayan Darwaja (Narayan's Gate), facing south

So if the Shaniwarwada is 2 km away from Nehru Stadium then probably the cricket is part of the detour along with the pot-delivery.

So the sugarcane juice could be another route info task

that's what i'm thinking too. there is just one street that connects Nehru Stadium and Shaniwar Wada, Sadashiv Peth is the name of the street (if im not mistaken) and the distance is only 2km from stadium to gate.

while rummaging through the area, i found out a market near the middle of the two endpoints. Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Mandai PMC Market. Further research suggests that it's a fruit and vegetable market. no pots. but i'll keep looking for pictures. it's a perfect place for the pots task. it is also very lakshmi.

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 04 Nov 2008, 6:04 pm

I am impressed Username. You are doing great. Keep it up. clap

I try to look at those places in a map and try to post here if I know. LOL
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 9:16 pm

JonL0ver wrote:I am impressed Username. You are doing great. Keep it up. clap

I try to look at those places in a map and try to post here if I know. LOL

thanks. :)

here is the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Mandai Market:

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Mandai_image00391

the autorickshaw looked eerily familiar - oh yeah TAR 13 roadblock last leg. but the shops in the side street looked similar to that of the I&T vidcap.

here is another photo of Mandai:
Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Mandai

here is another shot in a different angle:
Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Pune

this is the text i found about this market:
"Phule Mandai, the old central market, named after the great social reformer
Mahatma Jatiba Phule. It consists of a large octagonal central tower with
Gothic features and arms radiating from it." link: source of article here.

this is from flicker:
[img][/img]

pots from Pune, it doesn't say where it is located. maybe we can ask the owner of the pic.
[img][/img]

technicolor pots in pune, not sure where.
[img][/img]

edit: i didn't know FLicker pics won't display well, sorry guys. Sad

Last edited by Username on Tue 04 Nov 2008, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited hyperlinked images)

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 04 Nov 2008, 9:34 pm

Guys, I think we got it now.

Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium (where Tisha and Geoff are playing cricket) is near Laxmi Road (where Sam and Vince are extracting sugarcane juice)

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Shaniw12

Kumbharda (where Ida and Tania are delivering pots) is also near Laxmi Road . Interestingly, in between Kumbharda and Laxmi Road is the famous landmark of Shaniwar Wada.

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Laxmi_10

So I guess, Banzai is right that pot delivery and sugarcane task are the detour. The distance of Kumbharda and Laxmi Road ar the same if we peg it to Shaniwar Wada.

The cricket in Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium comes first before detour. After the cricket they will get their clue at Shaniwar Wada. Then the detour comes. hahaha
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 9:48 pm

here are some random pictures of streets in pune. let's see if we can spot something familiar based on the previews.
Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Picture%20125

this looks similar to the S&V vid cap:
Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 87694011.0QTTJsek

some random street in pune:
Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 PuneStreet

this is a view from inside the rickshaw:
Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 PuneViewFromRickshawA

please view this link for other pictures:

pictures of streets of pune

there are other pictures here:

pictures of streets of pune (2)

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 9:51 pm

JonL0ver wrote:Guys, I think we got it now.

Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium (where Tisha and Geoff are playing cricket) is near Laxmi Road (where Sam and Vince are extracting sugarcane juice)

Kumbharda (where Ida and Tania are delivering pots) is also near Laxmi Road . Interestingly, in between Kumbharda and Laxmi Road is the famous landmark of Shaniwar Wada.

So I guess, Banzai is right that pot delivery and sugarcane task are the detour. The distance of Kumbharda and Laxmi Road ar the same if we peg it to Shaniwar Wada.

The cricket in Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium comes first before detour. After the cricket they will get their clue at Shaniwar Wada. Then the detour comes. hahaha

WOW! this is so cool, GOOD JOB, jonlover.

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 04 Nov 2008, 9:56 pm

Username wrote:here is the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Mandai Market:

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Jon14

Here's where Mahatma Phule Mandai Market is located

LEGEND:

1 - Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
2 - Shaniwar Wada
3 - Kumbharwada
4 - part of Laxmi Road where Sam and Vince are extracting sugarcane juice
5 - that is the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Market
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 10:00 pm

i love the maps, Jonlover.

the Cricket must be a route info task, remember the soccer route info last season?

i agree that the sugarcane and the pots are detour tasks.

and that Fuzzie did the roadblock which is a task involving searching for a right person from a group of people (ala-maori-tattoo-pattern-searching task from TAR13)

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 10:05 pm

JonL0ver wrote:
Username wrote:here is the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Mandai Market:

Here's where Mahatma Phule Mandai Market is located

LEGEND:

1 - Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
2 - Shaniwar Wada
3 - Kumbharwada
4 - part of Laxmi Road where Sam and Vince are extracting sugarcane juice
5 - that is the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Market

the Mandai Market is South East of NMV High School. 300 meters, 45 deg south east.

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 04 Nov 2008, 10:10 pm

Username wrote:the Mandai Market is South East of NMV High School. 300 meters, 45 deg south east.

Yes. Refer to my map again. The NMV High School is very near Mandai Market (NUMBER 5)

And the bus number you have posted is similar to the number of the autorickshaw where Geoff is riding. It says MH 12 followed by 4 numbers. MH means Maharashtra and 12 is the code of this state. So, that is another proof they are in Pune.

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Pune_c10

Last edited by JonL0ver on Wed 05 Nov 2008, 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 10:31 pm

JonL0ver wrote:
Username wrote:the Mandai Market is South East of NMV High School. 300 meters, 45 deg south east.

Yes. Refer to my map again. The NMV High School is very near Mandai Market (NUMBER 5)

And the bus number you have posted is similar to the number of the autorickshaw where Geoff is riding. It says MH 12 followed by 4 numbers. MH means Maharashtra and 12 is the code of this state. So, that is another proof they are in Pune.

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Pune_c10

this is just like solving a giant puzzle. and the small tidbits that we have are now actually piecing together. :)

good job Jonlover.

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 04 Nov 2008, 10:37 pm

Indeed, Username. Good job to you too. You are part of this so take the credit also. Godd job to everybody in our team and EnterMyWorld.

So, the roadblock is where the Indians in Turban are shown. I have found out that one of the turbans is for wedding so I guess they have to find the groom. hahaha
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Tue 04 Nov 2008, 10:56 pm

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Maps11

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Userna10

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Userna11

here is a satellite view of the places we figured so far. :)

i can't make it fit, sorry guys.

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Tue 04 Nov 2008, 11:33 pm

I love it Username. You've beaten me there. Very Happy

Wow, we are all like real detectives here. Razz
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Avalanche Wed 05 Nov 2008, 12:01 am

I found one thing. The Pune International Airport and the Pune Train Station are to Shaniwar Wada or Laxmi Road than the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.

I guess it's more rational to start near than airport or train station onward than to backward at a certain point.

Can someone post the map here? I like Username's map better so maybe he can post it.

My guess:

1. From Pune Airport or Train Station, racer get the next clue in Shaniwar Wada
2. Detour: Deliver pots in Kumbharda or extraxt sugarcane juice in Laxmi Road
3. Then proceed to Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium and play cricket
4. Roadblock - Look for the groom by searching the right turban.
5. Pitstop.
Avalanche
Avalanche
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Wed 05 Nov 2008, 8:43 am

Avalanche wrote:I found one thing. The Pune International Airport and the Pune Train Station are to Shaniwar Wada or Laxmi Road than the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.

I guess it's more rational to start near than airport or train station onward than to backward at a certain point.

Can someone post the map here? I like Username's map better so maybe he can post it.

My guess:

5. Pitstop.

This is for the airport.

(although the distance is about 6km North-east of Yerwada Old Market, the journey can probably take 12km or more since the entrance to the airport is in the North. Yerwada is 5.3km from Shaniwar Wada with the winding streets.)

Map showing Airport and Yerwada Old Market:
Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Map110

Here is Yerwada with respect to Shaniwar Wada:
Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Map210

Here is Shaniwar Wada with respect to Nehru Stadium:
Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Map310

and finally, the airport with respect to all the places we've gathered so far:
Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Map410

Mandai Market and Lakshmi Road are now difficult to pinpoint. Sad

i hope this helps.

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Username Wed 05 Nov 2008, 9:05 am

Avalanche wrote:I found one thing. The Pune International Airport and the Pune Train Station are to Shaniwar Wada or Laxmi Road than the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.

My guess:

5. Pitstop.

This is for the train station.

This is the aerial view of the Pune Railway Station:
Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Mapa110

this is the railway with respect to shaniwarwada:
Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Mapa210

the distance between Shaniwar Wada and the Railway Station is 2.6 km in the winding streets:
Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Mapa310

this one shows the path from Shaniwar Wada to Nehru Stadium (red) and the Lakshmi Road (blue) it's a little offset:
Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Mapa410

In conclusion, the task locations are closer from the Railway Station than from the Airport.

I think both can be used.

But if i were the designer of the race, i would use the airport as it is a more stable choice. 11PM-train is a real risky choice.

Username

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sprity Wed 05 Nov 2008, 12:44 pm

wow....... hola8 .....

good job username........
sprity
sprity

Male
Number of posts : 4562
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Wed 05 Nov 2008, 1:47 pm

admin2 Good job, Username. By looking on those maps, I see that this leg covers a short distance in Pune. The locations are very near so I guess the placement of the teams in Cochin will not be affected that much.

And since we still don't have any concrete proof about the name of the place where Sam and Vince are standing in the preview, I just reconsidered the tips from our Indian sources. They said the place could be Fergusson College, Wadia College or Film and Television Institue of India.

I just realized that Film and Television Institute of India is also a school. I can't see picture of Wadia College (Sprity has one in this thread) but I read somewhere this is also the University of Pune.

And the these schools are on the same area.

I have thought of this. Could it be that the scene showing the Indian guys wearing turban is in any of these schools? They used the male students for the show?

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Fergus12

This is Fergusson College

Episode 9 of TARA 3 - Spoilers and Speculations - Page 4 Fergus11

These colleges mentioned here have European influence because the architects of these are all Europeans, I guess
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sprity Wed 05 Nov 2008, 4:04 pm

Jon.... i dont think that the persons in turban are students......
sprity
sprity

Male
Number of posts : 4562
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedric Wed 05 Nov 2008, 5:19 pm

hey guys ~ i just read the latest blog from Vince ( http://www.alivenotdead.com/vincechung ) ~ he mentioned about the flight they took~ and actually, i found that CX did the big mistake when provide the information to them. well ....... i can only say that they were not lucky enough~

The tone and the ending of this blog are quite different with the other blog vince wrote. It seems that HK team will be eliminated this leg~ coz Vince normally gives some hints about they are still in the race or not at the ending of his blog, but this time ........ so this leg maybe their last leg or TBC! just a guess ^^

Cedric

Male
Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Wed 05 Nov 2008, 5:47 pm

Admin (Welcome) Welcome Cedric. We are happy to see you posting here. I hope you come here often to share your ideas. We love it.

Well, it is not surprising if Sam and Vince will check in last this episode. Based on our group's discussion in this thread, we found out that the distance of the task locations in Pune are very near so this would be a very fast race. We know that Sam and Vince are behind by almost two hours.

The only thing that will save them would be hours of operation. We do not know if they fly or take the train but they are more likely to fly, I guess.

Whether this episode is a NEL/TBC or an EL, we still don't know.
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ljpinakas Wed 05 Nov 2008, 7:45 pm

zup everyone.. jon thanks for those kind words... and 4 the welcome... lols... by the way i am a.k.a. ZACK RIVERS... lols.... take care u guys always! and by the way.. congratulations to BARRACK OBAMA!!! lols... TARA tomorrow... am quite excited!!!
ljpinakas
ljpinakas

Male
Number of posts : 33
Job/hobbies : RN
Humor : Humorless

http://www.friendster.com/ljpinakas

Back to top Go down

Post by JonL0ver Wed 05 Nov 2008, 9:00 pm

Yes, Zack_rivers or ljonakas. Just enjoy Aladiah (jump)
JonL0ver
JonL0ver

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthonyctf Wed 05 Nov 2008, 9:18 pm

JonL0ver wrote:Admin (Welcome) Welcome Cedric. We are happy to see you posting here. I hope you come here often to share your ideas. We love it.

Well, it is not surprising if Sam and Vince will check in last this episode. Based on our group's discussion in this thread, we found out that the distance of the task locations in Pune are very near so this would be a very fast race. We know that Sam and Vince are behind by almost two hours.

The only thing that will save them would be hours of operation. We do not know if they fly or take the train but they are more likely to fly, I guess.

Whether this episode is a NEL/TBC or an EL, we still don't know.

Attention =]

The 2 RB still not appear...........(Cat + Swim)
S/V won't be elim soon......
Or maybe............ the newspaper wrong!?

Could it there have a hours of operation
So S/V are giggling

Last edited by Anthonyctf on Wed 05 Nov 2008, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anthonyctf

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jk Wed 05 Nov 2008, 9:20 pm

Good job guys! Im super enjoying this!
jk
jk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedric Wed 05 Nov 2008, 9:22 pm

Anthonyctf wrote:

Attention =]

The 2 RB still not appear...........(Cat + Swim)
S/V won't be elim soon......
Or maybe............ the newspaper wrong!?

if so, it would be very nice!!!! I do hope that sam & vince will be the final 3 ~

Cedric

Male
Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next